I LOVE Chocolate Chip Cookies. And there is nothing wrong with indulging from time to time. But since I have been eating clean (at least 80% of the time) I have been finding ways to have a healthy treat, and these cookies are a delicious option!
This recipe is from Fixate- by Autumn Calabrese (the creator of 21 Day Fix).
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup raw maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites (1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine almond flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl, mix well, set aside.
- Beat oil and maple syrup in large mixer bowl until creamy, 4-5 minutes.
- Add egg, egg whites and extract and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Add almond flour mixture to egg mixture and mix until blended. Add chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded teaspoons onto parchment paper and bake 14-16 minutes. Enjoy!
21 Day Fix Container Equivalent: 1 cookie is equal to 1.5 yellow containers
So next time you want a treat but don’t want to fall off the clean eating and healthy bandwagon, give these cookies a try! My next challenge group starts May 9, perfect timing to get you SUMMER READY! If you are interested and want more information, please fill out this application!