I love chicken salad. Whether it is fruity with pineapple or grapes. Or maybe it is traditional with a little bit of pickles. But one of the main ingredients (mayonnaise) of this go-to lunch item is not the healthiest option.
I was so excited when looking through Fixate and found there was a 21 Day Fix approved Chicken Salad Recipe. And it is DELICIOUS! You can serve it on a bed of mixed greens, in a whole wheat tortilla or on a piece of whole wheat toast. Or just eat it like it is!
Creamy Chicken Salad
- 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken breast (boneless / skinless)
- 1/2 cup chopped green apple
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup Honey Mustard Dressing (see below)
- 8 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- Combine chicken, apple, grapes, almonds, green onions, tarragon, and Honey Mustard Salad Dressing in a large bowl. Mix well, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve 1 1/4 cup Creamy Chicken Salad over 2 cups of romaine lettuce per serving.
- 1/2 cup reduced fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard, gluten-free
- 3 Tbsp raw honey
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt to taste (optional)