If you follow me on Facebook, then you may know that I completed the Beachbody 3 Day Refresh on May 31-June 2. I’m here today to tell you a little more about that experience.
I had several friends from work and from my coaching world who had completed the Refresh and were extremely happy with their results. I was already curious about trying it and then Beachbody put it on sale! What?! About the same time, my sister-in-law was telling me that she wanted to try it. We decided to do it together– knowing someone else is going through the same thing really makes you stick to it!
3 Day Refresh is a 3 day program of special shakes, snacks, and simple meals designed to help you lose weight and break the cycle of bad eating while helping you improve the way you feel.
I had been on vacation and while I was still eating clean the majority of the time, I found myself eating a little more than I should and having a few too many treats. I thought this would be the perfect way to reset my body and get me back on track and ready for continued progress with my 21 Day Fix meal plan and workouts.
I’m sure you have all heard about different clenses or juice fasts and wonder how Beachbody’s 3 Day Refresh is different. Well here is an explanation direct from the source:
Unlike juice fasts or liquid cleanses that are high in sugar and low in protein (which can leave you feeling weak and sluggish), the 3-Day Refresh is scientifically designed to help support your metabolism while nourishing your vital organs. Plus, you actually get to eat delicious, real food during this program.Why Refresh?
- You need a clean break from a period of unhealthy eating.
- You used to eat pretty well but have recently fallen off the wagon and need some help getting back on.
- You want to jump-start healthy eating habits for a new workout program.
- You want to quickly lose a few pounds for an upcoming event.
- You’ve never been a healthy eater, but are ready to kick-start better nutrition for the first time.
- You want your clothes to fit better.
- You want more energy.
- You love food and want to be satisfied while you lose weight and get healthier.
- You’ve tried liquid fasts or other fad diets and they simply don’t work.
Please remember that I am NOT a doctor, nutritionist and nothing I am saying or sharing from Beachbody’s website is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease!
Now are you ready for my experience??
You can get the 3 Day Refresh with our without Shakeology. Since I already drink Shakeology on a daily basis, I purchases the pack without Shakeology. The package comes with:
- 6 packets of Vanilla Fresh (high-protein shake)
- 3 packets of Fiber Sweet (digestive drink)
- 1 Program Guide
The eating plan for the 3 days is extremely simple, but it is crucial that you follow it exactly. You are on a low calorie diet for those 3 days so you need to space the meals out evenly.
- Wake up: 8-10 ounces of Water
- Breakfast: Shakeology and a serving of fruit
- The first day I had my fruit in my blended Shakeology. But for the second two days, I opted to have it plain so I could eat my fruit and slow that meal down some
- Morning Tea: 1 cup unsweetened herbal or green tea (I opted for green tea and sweetened with stevia- which is allowed)
- Late morning: Fiber Sweep. Now let me tell you. This is not very good. It just isn’t. Does the name sound like it would be? No! But when you remember that you are only doing this for 3 days and that it is supposed to reset your body and your digestion, you realize you can take one for the team. It has a really nice, refreshing lemon aroma and flavor which makes it nice. You mix this with 8 ounces of water and drink IMMEDIATELY. Read that- immediately. It thickens as it sits so it is important to drink right away. I just chugged it in less than a minute and it was over and done with! I did read somewhere that someone suggested you blend it with ice to make a shake but I just felt that chugging it and getting it done was better.
- Lunch: Vanilla Fresh shake plus 1 serving of fruit, 1 serving of vegetables and 1 healthy fat serving. The program guide tells you exactly what fruits, vegetables and healthy fats to choose from and the specific amounts. The first day I just considered the little olive oil on my broccoli to be my healthy fat but when I was super hungry later, I realized that I probably should have had something else. So for the next two days, I had almond butter with my fruit. The Vanilla Fresh shake is really delicious! It is a different formulation than Shakeology but it has a really nice vanilla flavor and fills you up!
- Afternoon Snack: 1 vegetable serving and 1 healthy fat option. Each day I had cucumbers with hummus. If you haven’t tried hummus before- you should, it is delicious!!
- Afternoon tea: 1 cup of unsweetened herbal tea (I didn’t have the afternoon and evening tea)
- Dinner: Vanilla Fresh shake and 1 Dinner Recipe servings. The dinner recipes include things like a salad with lemon and olive oil drizzle, stir fry vegetables, asparagus and slivered almonds. You may also have 1 cup of organic vegetable broth.
- Evening Tea: 1 cup of unsweetened herbal tea
Throughout the day you need to be drinking a ton of water- half of your body weight in ounces of water on top of the water you are having in your shakes and teas.
Only light exercise is recommended during the 3 days since you are on a reduced calorie diet. On day 1, I did yoga as soon as I woke up. By the end of the day, I was pretty hungry and went to sleep with my stomach growling. On day 2, I did about 10 minutes of yoga and then decided I was just too tired. Now, full disclosure- I really don’t think this is related to the 3 Day Refresh. I happened to get strep throat at the same time!! I was really sore from an intense chiropractic adjustment and my throat hurt from the inside out. At the end of day 2, I wasn’t as hungry as day 1 but was just pooped out and was ready to eat more food! Day 3 was about the same as day 2. I didn’t try to do any exercising and went to the doctor to get on antibiotics for my strep throat. The fiber sweep was particularly difficult that day because my throat hurt so bad. But by the end of the day, I was not hungry at all. And then I woke up the next day feeling great! I slept great, wasn’t hungry at all! As the day went on, I found myself feeling more satisfied after each meal, not as hungry in between and was able to be more active.
No for my results:
I lost 4.5 pounds and 1 inch in my belly!! I didn’t measure my legs and arms before or after so I don’t know if I lost any there or not. My sister-in-law lost 5.2 pounds and 2.5 inches around her waist!
Now on to the question I know most people are wondering about….. Would I do it again?
YES. I would. Under the right circumstances.
I learned a few things about myself during these 3 days and know that if I ever go off track a little too much that I can take a few days to reset myself, eat smaller and more simple meals, maybe even leave out meat.
But next year after I go on my cruise and indulge a little too much, I definitely see 3 Day Refresh in my future to get me back on track!
If you’re interested in trying 3 Day Refresh, TODAY is the last day that it is on sale! BUT you can get it at any time just by contacting me or click on the graphic below. Also, if you want to start a Beachbody Challenge where you complete a full workout and meal plan along with Shakeology and participate in my Challenge group for support and motivation, you can add the 3 Day Refresh to most of the challenge packs as a way to Kickstart your Challenge and set you up for greater success!!