Every week when I plan and prepare my meals for the week, I try to do one thing new. Before starting my Clean Eating lifestyle, I used to eat one sugar free fudge pop a day. I now know that although it is only 20 calories, it is probably not the healthiest choice. But I have been missing that little treat at night. So I decided to make my own.
So I set out on Pinterest to find a recipe and found this Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana Yogurt Pop
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 3/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 large ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon raw or organic honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for 30 minutes before inserting the popsicle sticks.
- Freeze the popsicles until they are frozen solid, about 4 hours.
I followed the instructions explicitly. But when I tried to remove the popsicle, they would NOT come out. So my husband gave it a try and broke the whole mold right off!
He suggested running it under water, so I gave it a try. Just about 5 seconds under slightly luke warm water did the trick and the popsicles came right out.
Macon enjoyed his for about 3 minutes then gave it up. Jonathan and I really enjoyed our little ice cream treat. The flavor was good but it did taste a little more yogurt-y than chocolate-y so I may need to adjust the amounts of some of the ingredients next time. But all in all, this is a great replacement to my nightly fudge pop!