If you know me, then you know that I LOVE Mexican food. We eat some version of Mexican or Southwest food 3 or more times a week. Usually one of those days is at our favorite place near our house that has the best salsa and freshest Mexican food I have ever had.
I started eating clean and following the 21 Day Fix meal plan back in January and have been sharing some of the recipes that I have found or created on this blog. But it has been over a month since I have shared anything!
Life had gotten away from me. I was spending too much time on things that are not as important in my life as the things that I was not spending enough time on. I was neglecting my priorities. So this blog took a back burner.
I have been working through a new Bible Study…well, actually, it’s not new, it is Priscilla Shirer’s first study– “He Speaks to Me.” But it is new to me. It is all about how to hear when God is speaking to you and being open and ready to hear Him when he does speak. It has been exactly what I needed. Life gets so stressful and we can let so many other things cloud our minds and take over our lives that we forget those things that are most important to us and we can’t even think, much less be open hear.
I have gotten back on track with prepping as many meals for the week as I can on Sunday afternoons so that I can have more quality time with my son and husband during the week. I’m trying to be more focused on whatever I am actually doing, when I am doing it, rather than trying to do too many things at once and not doing any of them well.
One of the recipes that I cooked this week was recommended by my sister-in-law and I loved it so much that I wanted to share it with all of you too!
21 Day Fix Chicken Taquitos, original recipe found here
- 1.25 cup shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup mexican shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 8 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a pan over medium heat, combine shredded chicken, greek yogurt, salsa, Mexican cheese (and hilarious now that I’m reading this, I realize that I forgot the cheese, but it was still delicious!), cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the mixture with salt to your taste and set aside.
- Place corn tortillas between wet paper towels and microwave 30-40 seconds.
- Fill each tortilla with 2 tbsps of chicken mixture. Spread out on tortilla and roll up and place on baking sheet.
- Once all the tortillas are filled, spray each of them with cooking spray or brush with oil
- Bake taquitos for 12-15 minutes per side or until crisp and golden brown. (I did not flip mine because the tortillas were about to break apart, and they were still deliciously crispy when done).
21 Day Fix Container: 2 Taquitos= 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue.
You can also top with avocado, more cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa.
I hope you try this recipe and enjoy on your next Taco Tuesday.